Written by the Author - Drabble

Ok, this is another story hook for a novel that hasn't even seen the light of day yet. It is merely an idea I have been kicking around for months, and hasn't been aired yet. I guess one of these days I will satisfy my inner storyteller by writing the whole novel down good and proper, but for now I am just posting this drabble/story hook. A summary may follow, if I feel like writing it down.

~*~*~*~
Written by the Author
BushMaid
~*~*~*~

The alarm sounds. I get up. Shuffle to the kitchen for an essential cup of coffee. Dress for work. Paperwork. Briefcase. Lunch. Handbag. I have everything. I stop at the hall mirror to make sure it’s really me standing there. Yup. Average height, average weight, blue eyed, blonde, freckled, half asleep me. Check. I leave the house. It’s raining. I don’t have an umbrella. I arrive at the office soaking wet.

“You’re late.” Says the boss.

I slump into my desk and gaze at the lifeless computer screen. This is my life. I am an author. And I hate it.

~

Share this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts. I would love to hear your perspective. Let's learn from each other.