Photo Manip - Language Knives

Some quotes fascinate me. Even if I haven't a clue what they mean, they fascinate me just the same. And once fascinated, I want to create art, usually in the form of a manipulation on Photoshop. Usually I have this epic image in my head of how it's going to turn out... and usually it turns out nothing like the epic image. Anyhow, the quote I was thus fascinated by is this:

"Must language produce a thousand knives and not recall a whisper?"


It was stuck to a wall in the home of a character in the movie "Conspiracy Theory". Out there place to find a quote, I know. *grins* And this is the manipulation it inspired. (click it to enlarge it)


Stock pics from DeviantArt.

Share this:

6 comments:

  1. No idea what it means, but it sounds good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bek! *laughs* Me neither! I have a liking for unusual quotes I don't have much of a clue what they mean. The vague concept of this quote would be that more often then not words hurt one another and don't often remember the kind ones. Knives, whisper.. er, something like that anyway! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good interpretation. I have no idea what else it could be. :roll: Cool manipulation though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou! Yeah; I still like the quote, regardless of what it's supposed to mean!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool, even if I'm not entirely sure of what the quote means. "Conspiracy Theory" is a great movie, though - funny you spotted the quote while watching it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou, Corey. :D Actually I did not spot the quote whilst watching the movie, I happened to read it in the script. :) "Conspiracy Theory" is a great movie, it's one of my favourites. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts. I would love to hear your perspective. Let's learn from each other.