Introducing...

...my best friend, sidekick, musical partner, comrade in arms: my brother Jacob! I have finally persuaded one of our computers and Jacob to sit down with me and get a recording of him playing the guitar like a pro. I have been itching for the chance to show off his incredible guitar skills (albeit, enviously!) so I am pleased to announce this is he: playing Old Town by the one and only Tommy Emmanuel.

Note: this is not a double recording - both bass and melody are played at the same time.

Share this:

8 comments:

  1. Very good guitar playing, and even more so for playing bass and melody at the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll tell him you said that, Jonathan. Thankyou! :D He's learnt to play TE's style which encompasses bass and melody, and he's done a great job putting it into practise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tommy Emmanuel is awesome and so is your brothers performance. Bravo. :)

    - Corey P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray!! Another Tommy Emmanuel fan! :D Thanks Corey, I'll tell Jacob you said so. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. My speakers aren't working very well, but I know it will be great 'cos I've heard Jacob play before. :) So I will pretend that that I know what it sounds like and say well done Jacob! :D :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. *laughs and hugs Bek* I hope you can get those speakers fixed sometime. I think you've heard Jacob play this song, actually! Thankyou for your comment, my beautiful friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was really good, he really can play well, and picking a song by Tommy Emmanuel (who is awesome) and playing it with that bass/melody style. Really cool and excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou Michael, for listening and commenting. :) I'll tell him you said that. I hope to blog some more of Jacob's recordings in the future. :D

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts. I would love to hear your perspective. Let's learn from each other.