Lately in Brief



In case you haven't noticed, I've updated my blog! Since I will be moving my business to its very own website soon, I decided I wanted to make my presence on this blog a lot more personal. Whilst my pseudonym is still very much a part of me, I wanted to invite you to get to know me on a deeper level when you visit this corner of the world. My world, and the perspective with which I see it.



On a different note, the last couple of weeks I have had so many blog post ideas rolling around in my mind, and yet I have not made the time to sit down and put the words to paper. I've been wanting to blog again for the longest time, and now that I sit down to write, I find I don't have a lot to say. But you haven't come here to listen to me ramble on about nothing at all, and since I would hate to waste your precious time, I thought I might just update you all on a few things I've been up to in my life.



Firstly, I have been working with a ministry called WalkTheSame, making artwork for them once a week. I've really enjoyed being a part of a talented team of artists and being inspired by art that is better than my own. This has led to my latest fascinating with handlettering and modern calligraphy. I've been slowly growing my collection of art supplies, and I have rearranged my walls around my desk to hang varied pieces of art to pretty up my work space. It's a craft I am thoroughly enjoying learning about, especially through the handlettering community on Instagram I am a part of.



There are a couple of weddings coming up in and around my family which I am quite excited about, and it has been another thing to take up time in planning and helping out. Everything is beginning to come together, and I'm looking forward to seeing how all the details finally culminate on the day. It's going to be a blessing to be a part of.



I've been thoroughly enjoying my correspondence Bible college studies through Charis Bible college. I will spare you my fangirling, because I could rave about this college and all my amazing teachers all day. I love how even though I'm doing it in my own time (aka, incredibly SLOW) that God has aligned so many of the lessons to speak right into the situations and struggles I am currently facing. I am learning so much, and I look forward to see where God will use it all in my life.



I am not doing much with my songwriting/singing or instruments lately, except for jamming with my sister in the garage. However I am listening to a lot of music and learning a little about the Christian music industry and how it functions through the experience of different artists. Though I'm not sure how God wants to use my gifting in this area, I am fascinated by the songwriting process and it permeates the way I listen to music now. Who knows what may happen? Time will tell.



I find my life at the moment goes in ups and downs. One minute I can completely content with life, and happy with the day to day. Other times I stare out the window and wonder if this is all there is; plagued with thoughts of the future, wondering if my life will ever change. Whilst things change in increments, sometimes you tire of rowing the boat, and you want to get out and walk, even if the waves may knock you over. Anything for a change. I'm learning to understand however that sitting in the boat does not mean idleness, and that rocking it from time to time is not wrong; regardless of who may tell you sit down and stay still. It's a difficult place; waiting for something you don't know, but God is still in control - still leading, and speaking, and guiding. He is faithful.



Anyhow. Thankyou for reading my aimless thoughts! I hope to be back with something more substantial shortly. I do so appreciate the time you take out of your busy day to stop by and read my words. It means a lot to me.

Share this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts. I would love to hear your perspective. Let's learn from each other.